Prev: RE: FMAS names Next: Re: FMAS names

[DS] 6mm Scotia aliens described, and primitive armour for DS2

From: "Robin Paul" <Robin.Paul@t...>
Date: Mon, 19 Feb 2001 18:15:47 -0000
Subject: [DS] 6mm Scotia aliens described, and primitive armour for DS2

I've recently received another order of Scotia 6mm stuff, to which I'd
added
some of the aliens we mentioned in a recent thread.  I got AAF001 Alien
Infantry EVB w/Hvy Laser (25) (£1.50 ), AAF002 Alien Infantry w/Club
(5)
(£0.50 ), and AAF003 £0.50 Alien Command (5) (£0.50 ). AAF001 are
stocky
humanoids with tails and a slightly hunched-forward posture and largish
heads. They're wearing what appears to be a hooded reinforced
battledress or
overall, with backpacks and a rifle sized weapon held with both hands.
One
pose, just under 8mm tall. Although the pack is advertized as having 25
figures, Scotia's tendency to put in a couple of spares incase of
miscasts
mean I got 27, all nicely cast.  AAF002 and AAF003 are similar in form,
but
tailless and a LOT bigger.  AAF002 is bare headed and clearly has a
dinosaur-like head and a club in one hand.  AAF003 uses the same body,
wearing an overall as described, with an open-faced helmeted head and a
more
upright posture, and a pistol replacing the club. AAF003 is most similar
in
posture to AAF001 and is 11.5mm tall (vs 8mm).	They're all quite nice
and
I'll get more of the smaller guys, who would make good Merseians.

Scotia's large range of less common vehicles persuaded me to get some as
primitive forces for DS2. I bought some South African armour, some
Israeli
and some French and Japanese WW2.  From SA, the Olifant and TTD MBTs are
very nice, and I got sufficient Ratel APCs, Rooikat armoured cars and G6
SPGs to make a DS2 battlegroup. From Israel I got some Achzarit and
Sh'ot
APCs. From WW2, the Japanese Type 98 tractor is a good little model of a
full-track tractor, the Type 92 Combat Car is an attractive contender
for
the world's puniest tank (I checked and its 1/300 dimensions- 13x5.5mm-
are
spot on!) and the Type1 Ho-Ki Full-track APC is a practical looking
machine.
>From 1940 France, the Citroen-Kegresse APC looks like a cross between a
US
M3 half-track and an SdKfz251, and the Renault YI is a very small
full-track
APC 14x7mm which looks a bit like a tracked, armoured motor car. The
quality
of all these minis is good.  Photos of some of the real Japanese
machines
described can be seen at http://member.nifty.ne.jp/takixxx/, an
interesting
site in its own right.

Rob Paul

Prev: RE: FMAS names Next: Re: FMAS names