Prev: Eureka 100/300 Club stuff Next: [DS] 6mm Scotia aliens described, and primitive armour for DS2

RE: FMAS names

From: "laserlight@q..." <laserlight@quixnet.net>
Date: Mon, 19 Feb 2001 12:01:44 -0500
Subject: RE: FMAS names

>Killing Ground
>-- Or if you are a Sun-Tzu fan, "Death Ground"
Nothing to do with Skirmish, though

>Combat Team
>-- Visions of Harold Coyle or Tom Clancy...
Yep.  I think of "combat team" as about a regiment, not a squad.

>Man Down
>-- Like it! (It describes what happens most of the time...)

How about "Take Cover"

>Weapons Free
>-- This (for me) conjures a more naval image... or air force...

agree

>CQB (Close Quarters Battle)
>-- Or Close Action? Or Close Contact? Close Contact would be good to
cover
the description of a skirmish game with a 1":2m groundscale....
>Close Assault (probably used)
>-- Possibly not... and it does describe a game mechanic

"Close Action" is good, or "Close Assault"

>Hostile Contact!
doesn't flow

>Target Destroyed
skirmish?

>Killing Ground (another Sun Tzu hommage)

ok

>Orbital Assault
skirmish?

I think "Stargrunt:Man to Man" and "Stargrunt:Platoon" might work,
despite TomB's disinclination.

Prev: Eureka 100/300 Club stuff Next: [DS] 6mm Scotia aliens described, and primitive armour for DS2