Prev: Re: FMAS names Next: RE: More Thrust and FB Ships

[FT] EMP Weapons Recap

From: "Izenberg, Noam" <Noam.Izenberg@j...>
Date: Mon, 19 Feb 2001 08:28:39 -0500
Subject: [FT] EMP Weapons Recap

So,
The discussion is winding down, but we've reached little consensus. We
have
a few tweaks to some of the weapons under discussion, but nothing
conclusive. We have people that like damage lists and people that don't.
We
have a genre weapon that works well withing the genre, several potential
simple-to-complex threshold mechanics (both chosing how many and which
systems get checked). I feel better able to tweak the stuff I've
designed to
get in line with sentiment, but don't want to presume about others'.

In many cases, alot of us will be agreeing to disagree about how these
things actually work. What I'd like, especially from those that have
discussed specific systems (that they've either generated themselves or
have
a real interest in) lay out some final ideas i can syntehsize into the
WDA
entries.

Then we can move on. I think next group will be needle weapons, as the
EMP
discussion came close to treading on them anyway, and the yahoo list
(which
I haven't yet looked at) seems to be having a to-do with it.

For example, here are my edits to the couple I contributed:

Temporal Distortion Gun:
Added note at the end -  Genre Weapon at best. Too impractical for
normal
play.

Scrambler Pulse:
Because the Scrambler pulse
does not have the aiming problems of a missile, the effect will be
reduced
to either:
1) FD-6 on attack. Roll of 4 = threshold at 6, 5= thesh at 5+,
6=threshold
at 4+
2) As MT missile but 3-4 = thresh on 6+, 5-6=thresh on 5+
Most other advantages of a direct fire EMP weapon are mitigated by the
limited range. One other
possible fix is making extra arcs +2 Mass

Prev: Re: FMAS names Next: RE: More Thrust and FB Ships