Prev: Re: FMAS names Next: Re: FMAS names

Re: Some more comments to the WeapDef archive

From: "Oerjan Ohlson" <oerjan.ohlson@t...>
Date: Sat, 17 Feb 2001 10:47:15 +0100
Subject: Re: Some more comments to the WeapDef archive

stranger wrote:

>>What does it do to missiles etc.? (I assume that missiles can't be
>>jammed since they only aquire targets within 6mu anyway.) How >>does
it interact with enhanced/superior sensors?]

(This was a comment to Sam Penn's "Minbari Jammer", one of the gadgets
displayed on Noam's weapon archive page.)

>I would hope that they do affect them.  I would imagine that the
affect >on the missiles homing systems would be the same as on Fire
>Control Systems.

That's exactly the problem. If you look at the Jammer rule, you'll find
that enemy FCSs within 6mu get a target lock *automatically* - you have
to be more than 6mu away from the enemy in order to get any benefit
from your Jammer.

Which means that if missiles are affected just like FCSs, they get an
automatic target lock if they're within 6mu of the ship... and they
have to be within 6mu of the ship to get a target lock *anyway*, so
according to the rule as written they're completely unaffected by the
jammer.

Thus my question, since I too think a jammer which doesn't affect
missiles looks kind of strange <g>

Regards,

Oerjan Ohlson
oerjan.ohlson@telia.com

"Life is like a sewer.

Prev: Re: FMAS names Next: Re: FMAS names