Prev: Re: 100 club PAs Next: RE: PA TO&E so far

General EMP Thoughts

From: Sean Bayan Schoonmaker <s_schoon@p...>
Date: Wed, 14 Feb 2001 17:16:12 -0800
Subject: General EMP Thoughts

Hi All,

I've been following the whole WotW thread, and though I'm not really
keen on offering specific advice on each weapon, I do have some
general thoughts on how EMPs ought - or ought not - to work.

1) They should affect a set number of systems - not a ship-wide
blanket. This is for balance.

2) They should have a clearly defined, simple list (did I mention
simple?) of the systems that they affect, and in what order. If you
involve attacker or defender choosing, they'll take forever to do it,
and no one will be completely happy with the results anyway. Nail it
down, define it! That way there's nothing to argue about.

3) They should cause a normal threshold, no exceptions. This keeps
record keeping and superfluous rules down to a minimum. KISS.

Prev: Re: 100 club PAs Next: RE: PA TO&E so far