Prev: RE: [FT] WotW 2: EMP Weapons Next: RE: [FT] WotW 2: EMP Weapons

RE: [FT] WotW 2: EMP Weapons

From: Beth Fulton <beth.fulton@m...>
Date: Thu, 15 Feb 2001 10:13:43 +1100
Subject: RE: [FT] WotW 2: EMP Weapons

G'day guys,

Noam stated:
 >Gan't say I like it much better. Aside from
 >seeming somewhat needlish rather
 >than EMP-ish,

Why does it seem needlish? Couldn't it just be a reflection of the
respective technicians tuning pulses and hardening protection??

 >every EMP hit lengthens the game significantly,

That's going to be true of any EMP method we come up with I fear,
especially if they're attractive enough to be used as primaries (which I

really don't want, but that's just me).

 >since _both_ sides have to make a new list
 >depending on the target and its state of
 >damage, _after_ a hit is determined

Well that's why I was leaning toward "all shots from one ship use the
same
list"... I can hear the grimaces and groans as I write this ;)

 >the less I like non-shipwide threshold checks

Now that WILL slow down the game significantly!

 >I still advocate "Firer choses threshold
 >check order" or "target choses order"
 >or (second best) "Firer and target alternate
 >chosing order"

Just to be a pain...don't you consider that needlish?

Charles came forward:
 >Well, if we deside to limit non-shipwide
 >threshold checks to 'Needle' class
 >weapons (where the threshold check
 >is replaced by a 'To hit' roll), then we
 >just need to come up with a way to
 >balance shipwide threshold inducing weapons,

These are both EMP options then right (or do you mean EMP should be an
all
systems thing as the other is too needle-like)? We're not trying to get
rid
of the "all systems" option then? OK I'm confused... so what else is
new? ;)

 >I think I still support my 'birtual damage'
 >mechanic for the time being...

If we are going to have a "effects all systems" option, then I agree
that
this would be the easiest to balance and the one I like the best.

Cheers

Beth

----
----
Elizabeth Fulton
c/o CSIRO Division of Marine Research
GPO Box 1538
HOBART
TASMANIA 7001
AUSTRALIA
Phone (03) 6232 5018 International +61 3 6232 5018
Fax 03 6232 5053 International +61 3 6232 5053

Prev: RE: [FT] WotW 2: EMP Weapons Next: RE: [FT] WotW 2: EMP Weapons