Prev: RE: PA TO&E so far Next: RE: [FT] WotW 2: EMP Weapons

RE: [FT] WotW 2: EMP Weapons

From: Beth Fulton <beth.fulton@m...>
Date: Thu, 15 Feb 2001 10:01:12 +1100
Subject: RE: [FT] WotW 2: EMP Weapons

G'day Bri,

 >[Bri] This is OK if you have
 >knowledge of your opponents ship.

OK this stems from the openness with which we play our games, even with
custom ships we're allowed to see what the other guy has got.

 >[Bri] Speed of play is one of the
 >reasons I suggested a limited number of
 >threshold checks rather than a ship-wide check.

That's why I made the suggestion of rolling three dice and taking your
lumps if its a double up - whether you're rolling twice for one system
and
once for another or once for 3 systems its still much faster than
rolling
once for everything.

 >[Bri] Would not "strong handed wording"
 >bring us back to the list you did not like?

Not necessarily. I was actually thinking of something more along the
lines
of "all EMP weapons fired from a single ship onto the same target must
use
the same 123 vs 456 for all of them" - obviously this is per turn and
the
123 etc could be changed each turn. However, I know this isn't going to
appeal to all and reflects my desire for these to be rare rather than
main
weapons.

Cheers

Beth

----
----
Elizabeth Fulton
c/o CSIRO Division of Marine Research
GPO Box 1538
HOBART
TASMANIA 7001
AUSTRALIA
Phone (03) 6232 5018 International +61 3 6232 5018
Fax 03 6232 5053 International +61 3 6232 5053

Prev: RE: PA TO&E so far Next: RE: [FT] WotW 2: EMP Weapons