Prev: Re: (OT) What I love to hate was Next: Re: [sg] Infantry Skimmer and the nebulous attached file

Re: [FT] WotW 2: EMP Weapons

From: KH.Ranitzsch@t...
Date: 13 Feb 2001 11:00 GMT
Subject: Re: [FT] WotW 2: EMP Weapons

>Absender: charles.taylor@cableol.co.uk
> In general, these appear to fall into two main groups:
> Those that cause blanket threshold checks (like the More Thrust EMP
> missile),
> and,
> Those that cause a limited number of threshold checks (like the Ion
> Cannon and the Scrambler Pulse).
[...]
> <Aside>
> Which reminds me, if we descide that, in general, screens protect
> against EMP weapons we must be careful not to upset the
> screen/armour balance, as armour does _not_ protect against EMP.
> </Aside>

Yes, on the other hand, there are a number of weapons that do ignore
screens, but not armour, so the balance effects may not be too bad - see

the discussion on that subject a short time ago.

> The second type are easier to balance, but require some mechanic to
> determine which systems are affected, I've seen a number of ideas;
[...]
> However, if we can decide upon a reasonable system for selecting the
> systems to be affected, then I believe the second option will be a
> lot easier to balance.

For randomly determining which system will be affected, how about:

Attacker nominates three target systems, numbering them 1, 2, 3
Defender nominates 3 system (4,5,6). Throw a die to see which one is
hit.

Cheers
Karl Heinz

Prev: Re: (OT) What I love to hate was Next: Re: [sg] Infantry Skimmer and the nebulous attached file