Prev: Re: 6-10mm ST Bugs Next: Re: Counter terrorism FMA was Alien terrain

Re: [Semi-OT] Making alien terrain

From: Donald Hosford <Hosford.Donald@a...>
Date: Fri, 09 Feb 2001 02:31:18 -0500
Subject: Re: [Semi-OT] Making alien terrain

My own attempts:

Sheets of green felt (about 4 square yards) for the grass/ground.

Strips of light brown felt for dirt roads.

Various sizes/colors of "Pom Poms".  For bushes/shrubery.  (Got these
from a
craft store.)

Hills made from a 1.25" thick styrofoam packing sheet I got from work.
Covered
with various shades of green felt.  (They look more like green pyramid
steps than
hills.	Thats about as fancy as I get...)

For more terrain ideas try this page:

 Major General Tremorden Rederring's Colonial Wargames Page

Although it covers colonial-era wargaming exclusively, he does have a
number of
 terrain ideas that has worked for his group.

And reading the scenarios is great fun.  :-)  This guy writes
imaginatively.

His "games in progress" pictures look more like dioramas than wargames!

My terrain will never look this good. (Sigh.)

Donald Hosford

----

----