Prev: Re: 6-10mm ST Bugs Next: Re: 6-10mm ST Bugs some Scotia and Irregular minis described (LONG)

Re: 6-10mm ST Bugs some Scotia and Irregular minis described (LONG)

From: "Robin Paul" <Robin.Paul@t...>
Date: Fri, 9 Feb 2001 03:02:15 -0000
Subject: Re: 6-10mm ST Bugs some Scotia and Irregular minis described (LONG)

----- Original Message -----
From: Casquilho, Daniel <Daniel.Casquilho@disney.com>
To: <gzg-l@csua.berkeley.edu>
Sent: Thursday, February 08, 2001 12:23 AM
Subject: RE: 6-10mm ST Bugs

> OK, I understand that some people are breaking copyrights and so
> want to hide. Great, but they are not the norm. What about Adler
> Miniatures and their Dark Star line or Scotia and all of their sci-fi
> stuff? I could go on, but I think you understand my point.
SNIP> And I am not rich enough to just order miniatures and hope I will
like
> them and want them.
>
> (Wish I was though :-)
>
> Daniel
SNIP
I use a lot of Scotia and Irregular stuff, and I recently got my first
GZG
Dirtside minis, so here's a bit of info:
Generally, GZG are by far the crispest and most detailed, with Scotia
second. Irregular have 2 SF ranges, the old stuff with "6SFxx" codes and
the
new stuff, much improved, with "NSFxx" codes. Irregular have some NSF
photos
in their catalogue.
I've marked * for minis I bought more of after seeing them, and ** for
those
I _would_ buy more of if my TO&E required.
Scotia:
Many vehicles have names derived from modern AFVs with 2000, 3000 or
4000
after them,
In this context "2000" means tracked "3000" is GEV and "4000" is grav.
The
masters are converted from the indicated vehicle model e.g. "Bimp 4000
Grav
MICV" from the BMP-1 (but it makes a better light tank) or "Chieftain
3000
ACV MBT" from the Chieftain (duh!).
ACV (GEV) types have a large skirt added, so the Chieftain hull is
29x16mm,
and a good dose of SF gubbins.	Grav conversions are filed down from
modern
types, so they're significantly smaller.  They have a tendency to
ridiculous
calibre guns, and are improved by replacing them

*SF5 Large Grav APC -EXCELLENT - the Marder-like vehicle on p.46 of the
DS2
rules, hull is 24x12mm
**SF8 Small Grav jeep type vehicle TINY hull is 11x6mm, OK
*SF11 Heavy Tank-multi turret - GOOD like a small manned Ogre on 4 TAM
(Marder cousin) hulls
*SF14 Twin-laser Grav Tank- GOOD more a flak vehicle with cab at front.
hull
is 28x9mm, 12mm at cab
*SF15 Light Grav APC -EXCELLENT 22x10mm hull large jet pods on upper
hull
sides
**SF24 Chieftain 3000 ACV MBT with hover skirt hull is 29x16mm - I like
it
**SF31 Merkava 4000 Grav MBT 22x12mm hull silly gun but OK
**SF43 Bimp 4000 Grav MICV
**SF54 BT50RPK 3000 ACV Utility APC - OK, BTR-50 with hover skirt
SF71 ZS-14 2000 Heavy SPA  STUPID! 2 Soviet SO-152 hulls fused side by
side
with 1 turret and 1 MRL
SF73 ZS-14 4000 Heavy SPA Grav original design- long flat hull with rear
turret, silly gun but OK
**SF85 Scorpion 4000 Lt Grav Tank TINY 13x6mm hull, I use it as a size 1
scout, OK
SF93 Scamm. T15020 3000 Hvy ACV Truck  POOR submerged in hover skirt,
ugly
AAF8 Biomech tank, Heavy POOR- 3 T-55 hulls in v-formation, covered in
vomit
**SFI002 Strike troops w/Cmd - about 6.5mm tall, skinnier than GZG,
includes
GMS and SAW\APSW
    (NB, the WW2 British infantry I was ranting about are nearly 7.5mm
tall)
*SFI003 Powered Armour Troopers -similar height to GZG PA but a little
bulkier, 1 pose
*SFI0010 Combat Powered Trooper- Infantry Walkers similar in size to
GZG,
with BIG helmets and a slightly crouched posture

Irregular: most are grav types. The infantry on p.46 of the DS2 rules
appear
to be 6SF1
"6SF" AFV types are much soggier and smaller than "NSF"
6SF4 GM274 Cutlass AA Tank OK design but soft detail27x12mm
*NSF2 Stamper class MBT - VERY GOOD superheavy grav tank 48x21mm
**NSF4 Lifter class APC -OK -hull is 38x11mm; I use it as a VTOL
*NSF21 Human 8 wheeler APC -GOOD more like a superheavy armoured car
6SFEQ3 Land Dreadnaught POOR- an ACW "USS Benton"-style casemate riding
4
T-72 hulls

Rob Paul

Prev: Re: 6-10mm ST Bugs Next: Re: 6-10mm ST Bugs some Scotia and Irregular minis described (LONG)