Prev: Re: DS - Size 1 Walker Minis?? Next: Re: More things that dodge armour

Re: Renegade Legion minis for DS

From: John Crimmins <johncrim@v...>
Date: Thu, 08 Feb 2001 01:23:13 -0500
Subject: Re: Renegade Legion minis for DS

At 07:43 AM 2/7/01 -0800, you wrote:
>Hello,
>
>Does anyone use the Renegade Legion minis for Dirtside?
>They seem like good Hi-Tech APCs and Tanks. But I just
>wanted feedback before I buy.
>
>I see the boxes of plastics have been going on ebay for about
>$15 per box. At 54 minis per box that comes out to less then
>40 cents per mini.
>
>Compared to $7.50 per pack of three tanks, 40 cents each
>seems like a great price.
>
>What is the down side?

I like 'em.  I have a box of each type -- I use some of them as Combine
GEVPCs for Ogre, and for DSII I've used some of them as a Merc unit -- I
wanted to see how grav tanks with low armor and high stealth would work
on
the battlefield.  The answer: not all that well.

I generally chop off the gun barrel and replace it with something a
little
sturdier.  I've scratchbuilt SLAM and ADS turrets for them as
well...with
mixed results.	When/if I find a good source of alternate turrets, I'll
be
painting them up as my Illuminati force for DSII.

John X Crimmins
johncrim@voicenet.com

Prev: Re: DS - Size 1 Walker Minis?? Next: Re: More things that dodge armour