Prev: Re: 6-10mm ST Bugs Next: Re: Eureka 100 club

RE: [FT] Weapon of the Week - AM-SM

From: "Robertson, Brendan" <Brendan.Robertson@d...>
Date: Thu, 8 Feb 2001 10:29:27 +1100
Subject: RE: [FT] Weapon of the Week - AM-SM

With SML salvoes, we're not limited to making them 6 actual missiles to
be
shot down.  At Mass 19 for a single salvo, I'd rather take a Wavegun.

How about simplifying the mechanics down.

3 mass AM-SM (AMSaM) salvo = 2 die Plasmabolt, 24" range.
Defence resolution is resolved as normal against the Plasmabolt.

PSB: Area detonation is harder to target, as the missiles aren't using
terminal manoeuvres for a hull contact detonation.

This becomes slightly more efficient while the ammo holds out & reduces
new
rule mechanics to be learned & still fits within the standard magazine
spaces.

Neath Southern Skies -http://home.pacific.net.au/~southernskies/
[MKW2] Admiral Peter Rollins - Task Force Zulu-Beta
[Firestorm] Battletech PBeM GM