Prev: Re: [FT] Gothic Conversion Next: Re: OT-Wrong port arthur

RE: [FT] Gothic Conversion

From: "Robertson, Brendan" <Brendan.Robertson@d...>
Date: Wed, 7 Feb 2001 14:26:48 +1100
Subject: RE: [FT] Gothic Conversion

ECM isn't used very often, as the sensor rules need reworking (due in
FT3).

For effect, one possibility is to treat a Jammer as causing limited
targetting similar to dust clouds in MT.  This requires a "lock-on" roll
with the firecons.  Assign weapons to specific firecon and then, if you
roll
a 4+ for that firecon, the weapons assigned can shoot at the target,
otherwise, bad luck.

The simplest lance conversion is probably to treat lances as
pulsetorpedoes.

With a change to alternating squadron movement (as per Man'O'War) & an
overhaul of the missile/lance rules (completely stuffed in my opinion),
it
does play OK.

Neath Southern Skies -http://home.pacific.net.au/~southernskies/
[MKW2] Admiral Peter Rollins - Task Force Zulu-Beta
[Firestorm] Battletech PBeM GM

More