Prev: SMLs, fire control & arcs Next: Re: SG2-What's it like?

Re: SMLs, fire control & arcs

From: "Chris DeBoe" <LASERLIGHT@Q...>
Date: Tue, 6 Feb 2001 17:48:14 -0500
Subject: Re: SMLs, fire control & arcs

> The question is: How many FireCons are needed
> to launch SLMs and SRMs?

One working FCS will suffice for any number of MT missiles and/or SML;
the
same FCS may be used for direct-fire (eg beam) weapons as well.

> Presumably SM arcs can be other than those
> shown in FB1. (FP/P/AP for example.)

Yes

> Could
> these weapons potentially cover the aft arc?

Yes, depending on your house rules.  I'd allow missile fire into A arc;
the
rules-as-written don't permit it unless you use the optional
you-can-shoot-into-the-aft-arc-if-you-don't-thrust rule.

Prev: SMLs, fire control & arcs Next: Re: SG2-What's it like?