Prev: re: [OT] GW Lord of the Rings and my age Next: Re: re: [OT] GW Lord of the Rings and my age

re: [OT] another modelling Q

From: "David Reeves" <davidar@n...>
Date: 02 Feb 2001 09:40:23 -0500
Subject: re: [OT] another modelling Q

Date: Fri, 02 Feb 2001 09:34:49 +1100
From: Beth Fulton <beth.fulton@marine.csiro.au>
Subject: [OT] another modelling Q

G'day guys,

OK I've got a question for you modelling whizzos. Can anyone recommend
fairly fume free epoxies and putties that are still OK for modelling? My

asthma means that most of them are just about out and out lethal for me
(even with surgeons/sanders mask). This means that all my scratch
building
has come down to figuring out ways I can use miliput, yellow-tak
(blue-tak,
wall-tak or whatever its called in you neck of the woods) and super glue

gel. This has been surprisingly effective, but I'm getting a bit more
ambitious now.
<<<<<<<<<<

Hiya Beth!

the best stuff I've worked with is ribbon epoxy.  altho I can't speak to
its hypo-allergenic
properties, but it doesn't have a fume that I notice.

it comes in two separate pieces.  just break off an even amount of both,
kneed together and
mold like normal putty.  if you are a slow sculpter like me, this stuff
is forgiving as it takes a
while to set and dry.

Dave

Prev: re: [OT] GW Lord of the Rings and my age Next: Re: re: [OT] GW Lord of the Rings and my age