Prev: RE: FT-HET Laers Next: RE: Kinetic Shield; was Re:FT-HET Lasers

Re: IMCLS (RE: FT-HET Lasers)

From: John Crimmins <johncrim@v...>
Date: Tue, 30 Jan 2001 08:22:05 -0500
Subject: Re: IMCLS (RE: FT-HET Lasers)

At 12:35 PM 1/30/01 +1100, you wrote:
>On paper this looks workable, John:
>
>Illuminati Mind Control Laser System
>Mass: 3 (6 arcs)
>Range: 6"
>The system rolls 4 die, less 1 per screen level.  For each 5-6 rolled,
1 CF
>mutinies and fights a boarding action against the "loyalist" crew.  If
any
>sixes are rolled, a single hull box is destroyed by the fighting in
that
>turn (maximum of 1 hull box for the turn regardless of number of
mutineers
>or IMCLS systems used).
>The boarding action doesn't reduce available boarding parties, as the
crew
>are assumed to have been subdued or otherwise removed from mind control
>(often to the brig).
>If the mutineers win (or all crew mutiny) treat the vessel as Bridge
>Destroyed for the rest of the game; however the ship will make minimal
>manouevres in order to avoid terrain (asteroids, planets, exploding
suns
>etc) and will repair any core systems currently damaged.

Wow.  All right, then -- I'll have to put together a scenario to give
this
a try.	It'll need to be installed on a big ship to have any chance of
getting close enough to use it, but that's part of the fun.  I already
have
an idea for the symbol: An equilateral triangle with a dot in the center
of
the uppermost angle.

Ask on this list, and ye shall recieve.  Although I'm rather suprised
that
no one recognized the "angry enough to strangle a manitee in the nude"
comment as being a quote from the late lamented "Bloom County"....

John X Crimmins
johncrim@voicenet.com

Prev: RE: FT-HET Laers Next: RE: Kinetic Shield; was Re:FT-HET Lasers