Prev: Re: FT-HET Lasers Next: RE:FT-HET Laers

RE: [sg] Mechanized Cavalry

From: mark.langsdorf@a...
Date: Mon, 29 Jan 2001 15:22:47 -0600
Subject: RE: [sg] Mechanized Cavalry

> Cavalry is described on p. 25 of the Dirtside II rules but not
> addressed in the Stargrunt II rules. However, this does not
> address how to handle Mechanized Cavalry (Motorcycles, Gravbikes,
> Gravboards, etc.). Following are rules on how to deal with
> Mechanized Cavalry. These rules do not apply to Infantry Walkers.

	Makes sense so far.

> Mounting or unmounting a vehicle is a movement action. Unmounted
> in this sense referes to a vehicle that has stopped, whether the
> figure is still on the vehicle or not. A mounted or dismounted
> chit should be used to indicate if a figure is mounted or unmounted
> (if you have mounted and unmounted figures, the actual figure may
> be switched instead of using a chit).

	I don't understand this part.  It takes an action to stop
driving?  That sounds counter-intuitive.  Shouldn't the unit be
able to move while mounting or dismounting?

> Combat
>
> Mounted Combat.
>
>  - Small Arms combat while mounted is shifted DOWN 2.
>  - Other weapons may not be fired while mounted unless built into
> the design of the vehicle. In such instances, fire is shifted DOWN 2.
>
> Unmounted Combat.
>  - Combat while unmounted follows normal infantry combat rules
>
> As targets
>
>  - Units of mechanized cavalry are treated as infantry for purposes
> of targeting.
>  - If not in a unit or detached as individual figures, mechanized
> cavalry are treated as individual figures (wee p. 26)

	There should be a bonus to hit mounted cavalry - compared to
an infantryman on foot, they're big targets and they have a harder
time taking cover.
	At an absolute minimum, cavalry shouldn't be able to go into
position while mounted or moving.

Prev: Re: FT-HET Lasers Next: RE:FT-HET Laers