Prev: RE:scales again Next: Re: Scales again (was: RE: The GZG Digest V2 #289)

Re: Trek ship identification?

From: "Alan and Carmel Brain" <aebrain@d...>
Date: Sat, 27 Jan 2001 23:44:47 +1100
Subject: Re: Trek ship identification?

> > PS. How the hell do I paint these things white with shading and all?
My
> > white always turns out a dismal failure.
> http://freespace.virgin.net/david.pullen3/TREKSHPS.JPG

Can't help with the Identification, sorry..

But as regards the painting, it's easy.
http://zappa.brainiac.com/spaceship/fasa-2523.jpeg
is an example of:

thin white acrylic undercoat, followed by
extremely thin enamel black wash, followed by
thick white acryllic drybrush.

The photo was taken under dim light to try to reproduce the
effect seen in some stills from the movie "Star Trek II"

Prev: RE:scales again Next: Re: Scales again (was: RE: The GZG Digest V2 #289)