Prev: Re: [SG2] 2 questions Next: RE:jumna class patrol cruiser

Re: SG2 lessons

From: Beth Fulton <beth.fulton@m...>
Date: Mon, 22 Jan 2001 10:05:33 +1100
Subject: Re: SG2 lessons

G'day guys,

Mark learned:
 >	Morale is surprisingly unimportant in SG2.

 >Tomb] The one thing that SG2 does
 >poorly is deal with the situation of
 >gradually increasing casualties

We played a few games of SG over the weekend trying out different ideas
for
this, and in the end we think Allan's idea of taking the tougher test
(i.e.
the +4/+3/+1 rather than the +2/+1/NTR) once you've reached half your
initial strength (regardless of the number taken in this particular
event)
does a fine job of fixing the problem.
Under this system we finally started seeing squads break and route,
though
you still got to see the odd unit stand against the odds - the fact it
was
a group of my fanatically nuns just seemed to fit the script ;)

Cheers

Beth

----
----
Elizabeth Fulton
c/o CSIRO Division of Marine Research
GPO Box 1538
HOBART
TASMANIA 7001
AUSTRALIA
Phone (03) 6232 5018 International +61 3 6232 5018
Fax 03 6232 5053 International +61 3 6232 5053

Prev: Re: [SG2] 2 questions Next: RE:jumna class patrol cruiser