Prev: Re: [DS2 and Starguard] Aliens in micro scale Next: Re: SG2 lessons

Re: [SG2] 2 questions

From: Beth Fulton <beth.fulton@m...>
Date: Mon, 22 Jan 2001 09:58:08 +1100
Subject: Re: [SG2] 2 questions

G'day guys,

 >>In doing close combat, if the defender
 >>withdraw and the attacker decide to
 >>do an overrun and succed, what
 >>exactly happen? The rule says that you
 >>should do another Close assault combat.
 >>Does it means that the defender
 >>need to do a new confidence test
 >>and possibly flee again?
 >
 >I'm trying to remember how we did it.
 >I believe we had the defender making a
 >Confidence Test. So, with the overrun,
 >it is possible for the defender to run
 >away. However, if it does, we didn't allow
 >a second overrun move by the
 >attacker.

We always just repeat the whole process again (including voluntary
retreat). However after seeing one close combat move the entire length
of
the board "I'm going in... OK I'll flee... OK I' chasing... OK I'
fleeing
again...." we decided that one flee and follow through was enough. With
one
small side note... if the defenders flee from the first assault and pull
up
just in front of another squad, then if the attacker follows them and
wins
then the attacker may do a follow through into the new squad rather than

just pull up and play happy targets. I hope that explanation actually
made
sense.

Cheers

Beth

----
----
Elizabeth Fulton
c/o CSIRO Division of Marine Research
GPO Box 1538
HOBART
TASMANIA 7001
AUSTRALIA
Phone (03) 6232 5018 International +61 3 6232 5018
Fax 03 6232 5053 International +61 3 6232 5053

Prev: Re: [DS2 and Starguard] Aliens in micro scale Next: Re: SG2 lessons