Prev: re: [SG] jetpack question and Nuns with Guns Next: re: [SG] jetpack question and Nuns with Guns

RE: [SG2] Sample platoon organization - request advice

From: "Robertson, Brendan" <Brendan.Robertson@d...>
Date: Wed, 17 Jan 2001 09:40:58 +1100
Subject: RE: [SG2] Sample platoon organization - request advice

It is worth having a heavy weapon team as you get both light antiarmour
capability and a *Very* long range (for SG).
They become a good place to hide a weak command element (green 3 etc) as
they still get 12" range bands against infantry, but won't cause many
casualties due to the low quality and d8 impact vs infantry (see heavy
weapons vs infantry in the vehicle section).

Normally with my OU, in a larger game, I field 2 teams of 2 GMS/L AA
Harlequins; only d6 guidance against ground targets, but will usually
cause
a few suppressions to allow other units to engage.

Neath Southern Skies -http://home.pacific.net.au/~southernskies/
[Pirates] Dame Captain Washalot
[MKW2] Admiral Peter Rollins - Task Force Zulu-Beta
[Firestorm] Battletech PBeM GM