Prev: Re: [Ad] Custom decal rates Next: RE: [SG2] Sample platoon organization - request advice

re: [SG] jetpack question and Nuns with Guns

From: Beth Fulton <beth.fulton@m...>
Date: Wed, 17 Jan 2001 09:30:45 +1100
Subject: re: [SG] jetpack question and Nuns with Guns

G'day Mark,

 >Speaking of which - have you seen any of the "Chosen"
 >models from the GZG range (NN-10 and above)?	I'm wondering
 >how they compare to the regular sisters and the older NNPC
 >line that Eureka carries.

Yep, got all those. VERY VERY nice! So much so that a another guy here
is
talking about getting some just to have for display purposes. I kept to
the
black and white habit theme for the fabric clothes their wearing, but
did a
dark chain mail for their armour. With the gold crosses on top they look

very Templar Knightish.

 >Sounds reasonable to me.  There should probably be some
 >sort of rules for pop-up attacks (reduce quality of the pop-up
 >unit by 1, maybe?)

Sounds like a good idea to me.

 >but I can't see any advantage for them in the current rules.

Its more because I'm a "what you see is what you get gamer", if it ain't
on
the figure then the trooper don't have it (puts my naked nun at a bit of
disadvantage, but what the hey). On the other hand though I'm one for
fairly realistic terrain setups, which can have fairly severe
implications
if we're playing to far from the prairie lands so to speak. Being able
just zoom over the really sticky stuff could be very helpful on certain
occasions - it could also mean with their lack of cam or armour the nuns

become even bigger targets than ever ;)

By the way further on the Nuns with Guns questions, have any of you guys

toyed much with elite troops (adding a few reds to the mix at quality
allocation time)? If so what have you found works best? We think we're
getting close to the right balance for the kind of flow we wanted (few
greens, occasional red, mostly blue and orange), but I'd be interested
hear what others (Owen? Tom? anybody?) have found.

Cheers

Beth

----
----
Elizabeth Fulton
c/o CSIRO Division of Marine Research
GPO Box 1538
HOBART
TASMANIA 7001
AUSTRALIA
Phone (03) 6232 5018 International +61 3 6232 5018
Fax 03 6232 5053 International +61 3 6232 5053

Prev: Re: [Ad] Custom decal rates Next: RE: [SG2] Sample platoon organization - request advice