Prev: Re: Testimonial RE: [OT] inkjet printer decals Next: Re: [OT] Credit card ordering and Security

Re: [OT] Credit card ordering and Security

From: "Chris DeBoe" <LASERLIGHT@Q...>
Date: Tue, 16 Jan 2001 12:22:30 -0500
Subject: Re: [OT] Credit card ordering and Security

Tom B said:

(snip)

> However, I will point out there exists one major danger in on-line
> transactions: The databases that your information gets left in. These
can
be
> easily hacked (they are a static target, unlike email)

assuming that the db is electronic.  They've come out with a medium
which
can't be hacked without physically connecting to the file: "paper".
Now,
in a restaurant or gas station, paper isn't particularly secure, but if
KR,
Jon etc print my e-mail, erase it and file the hardcopy, I'm not
especially
worried.  Actually, I'm not worried anyway--I use a separate, low dollar

Prev: Re: Testimonial RE: [OT] inkjet printer decals Next: Re: [OT] Credit card ordering and Security