Prev: Re: [SG] Possible FAQ - Ordering GZG from the States? Next: Re: Solo Stargrunt

Re: [FT] proposed IF ships

From: "Chris DeBoe" <LASERLIGHT@Q...>
Date: Mon, 15 Jan 2001 12:16:31 -0500
Subject: Re: [FT] proposed IF ships

From: "Sean Bayan Schoonmaker"

> >Comments welcome, as always.
>
> Remember, you asked for it ;-)
>
> BB - Why have you given it the ability to tow 3(!) MASS? I know that
> IF vessels do tow their compatriots into battle, but I'd think that
> you'd want slightly more. Few vessels have TMFs under 8, and that's
> barely a fighter or two.

Oerjan's suggestion was that 3 mass is a banzai jammer: Hull 1, armor 1,
main drive 6.  The big red "Welcome, Salvo Missiles!" sign costs no
mass.

> BB & CH - Why the ADFCs? I think I see the philosophy behind it, but
> I question if even large numbers of PDS will save a smaller vessel.

Say I have 3-4 CH's together, I want them to be able to protect each
other.
Protecting the escorts is just a bonus.

> DD - I'd say that you're light on Beam 1s (at least if you're keeping
> with the FB design philosophy).

I'm trying for something with a somewhat different look&feel than FB1
fleets.  The mini's don't seem to have a batch of small guns, just one
large
one--I was tempted to put a B3 on the DDs.  And I don't much like B1's
begin with..

> I'd also be VERY careful about
> putting anything other than standard sensors on anything these days,
> as we haven't gotten the rules/POINT COST/MASS for any of it yet.

I'm assuming that they'll be covered in FB3 or FT3.  Consider it as
"forcing
the issue." :-)