Prev: Re: [FT] Asteroid Collisions Next: Re: Questions on cloaking

Re: [FT] Asteroid Collisions

From: "Laserlight" <laserlight@q...>
Date: Sun, 14 Jan 2001 21:39:00 -0800
Subject: Re: [FT] Asteroid Collisions

> Sean Bayan Schoonmaker wrote:
>
> > >I would suggest going for an 'avoidance' roll.
> >
> > I was going to avoid that whole can of worms and just say that the
> > collision had already occurred. I'm just looking at damage.
> >
> > Schoon

I suppose if you could make a boarding attack--ie matched the rock's
direction & speed within those constraints--it's possible you might
survive.  Roll basic 2d6 + 1d6 for each mu speed difference + 2d6 for
each point of heading difference and apply that many PTorp attacks.
Example: for a rock heading 12 speed 5 and a ship heading 1 speed 6,
roll 5d6.  The result is 14, so the ship suffers the same damage as if
hit by 14 PTorps.

Or you could take the simple route and say "Splat!"

Prev: Re: [FT] Asteroid Collisions Next: Re: Questions on cloaking