Prev: Re: <FT>Ship Pictures Next: Future wars figs

Swiss DSD

From: "Barclay, Tom" <tomb@b...>
Date: Sat, 13 Jan 2001 16:51:07 -0500
Subject: Swiss DSD

Noam did this:

Here are the stats for the Actuarial Nightmare's Drifter Class heavy
Destroyer:
Classification:  Heavy Destroyer
 Displacement: 4000 Tonnes [Mass Factor 40]
 Hull Type: Weak/Fragile [Hull integrity 6]
 Crew: 12 "Officers", 28 Hands [Crew Factor 2]
 Armament: 2 x Class 1 Beam,  2 x Class 2 Beam (F/FP/AP and F/FS/AS),
1xHeavy Needle Beam (F)
 Defenses: Grade 3 Armor, 2 Point Defense Systems
 Sensor suite: Standard sensors, 3 Fire-control systems
 Drive systems: Main Drive rating 6, FTL (Jump) Drive
 Damage track:
		 ???
		 00
		 *0
		 0
		 *
[Tomb] -- This looks a lot like my design, only mass 40 seemed a bit
heavy.
I thought about 36, but since Schoon thought 32-34, I went with mass 34.
gave it a weak hull, 4 armour, thrust 6, FTL, 2 class 2s, 3 class 2s, 2
firecons. I think 3 fire cons are pretty much overkill for this class,
unless the HNB requires one itself. Even then it might be overkill. I
didn't
bother with PDS because it is my feeling 1 PDS is a waste of effort. In
pinch, class 1s can serve as half-assed PDS, but they can also spit out
good
damage. Schoons suggestion was to get some more hull and drop some of
the
armour IIRC (he also seems to favour a PDS...).

I'll post my SSD when I'm done.

Thomas R. S. Barclay
Voice: (613) 722-3232 ext 349
e-mail: tomb@bitheads.com

2001: To the New Millenium! The next thousand years
are MINE.

Prev: Re: <FT>Ship Pictures Next: Future wars figs