Prev: Re: [FT] Con Force Sheets Next: OT: 15mm Martian Metal Traveller figs on eBay

RE: [FT] AAR ESU vrs NAC

From: "Bell, Brian K (Contractor)" <Brian.Bell@d...>
Date: Tue, 9 Jan 2001 07:36:17 -0500
Subject: RE: [FT] AAR ESU vrs NAC

First a quick definition.
Dogfight. This is base to base contact of fighters where one or both
sides
declare a dogfight. Otherwise it is Ranged Fighter Combat.

For Ranged Fighter Combat, it is just like attacking a ship. Sides may
trade
fire, or elect to target another fighter group, missile(s), or ship.

Dogfight:
One side (A) moves into base to base contact with another fighter group
(B).
Missiles launchand ships move. Missiles declare targets. Fighters
declare
targets (including dogfights); Group A declares a
dogfight with group B. Now B may use secondary movement to disengage
from
the dogfight. If it does so, Group B gets a free shot at Group A. Also,
if
Group A has the endurance, it may also spend endurance to re-engage
group B
in a dogfight by moving into base to base contact again (but give up the
free shot as a fighter group may only fire once per turn). If Group B
reenters a dogfight with group B, all fire in the dogfight is
simultaneous.
Group A does not HAVE TO fire in the dogfight, but is prohibited from
targeting anything else while in the dogfight. The next turn both
fighter
groups must decide if they will remain in the dogfight or leave it
(giving
the other group a free shot). If Group B did not reingage the dogfight,
group A would be free to attack another fighter group, missiles, or a
ship.

Alternate Interpretation when a group leaves a dogfight and the other
reingages:
Group A decides to leave the dogfight. Group B gets a free shot at Group
A.
Group B then reingages group A in a dogfight (using standard or
secondary
movement). What is left of Group A now gets to fire at Group B, but
Group B
may not fire back at Group A (as it has already fired). This
interpretation
give group B a slight advantage as it does damage first.

-----
Brian Bell
bkb@beol.net
http://www.ftsr.org