Prev: Re: [FT] Wave Gun (was: OU & IC & FB3) Next: Re: [OT/DSII] Re: Shermans and Panthers

Re: DS-Bolos

From: "Eli Arndt" <emu2020@w...>
Date: Sat, 6 Jan 2001 13:53:19 -0800
Subject: Re: DS-Bolos

This was written:

>According to the technical notes in Bolos, Book3:Triumphant, the
smallest bolo
>with a hellbore (25cm, in the MkXIV), weighs in at 728-900 tons, based
on
>configuration.  The largest bolos are comparable to FB1 BDN's and SDN's
in size
>(which says something about the size of warships in the Bolo universe),
and some
>of them had limited interstellar self-transport.  I daresay that the
arrival of
>a MkXX and up on the tabletop is a zero-survivability incident for
anything it
>targets, except a similarly armed and armored unit.
>
>The hellbore is at least equivalent to a naval bombardment mission that
is
>always on call, arrives the instant it is called for, but hits what the
>hypothetical laser did.

Seems to me, that at this scale, you'd do well to rescale your game.
Make Bolos the top of the scale, with weapon selections simulating
batteries.  Design smaller vehicles accordingly, and perhaps fielding
particularly small vehicles built as squads with an appropriate size
factor.

I won't guess at specifics, but i know with enough bashing it could be
worked out.

Eli

Prev: Re: [FT] Wave Gun (was: OU & IC & FB3) Next: Re: [OT/DSII] Re: Shermans and Panthers