Prev: RE-DS bolos Next: Re: mobility in DS2

Re: FMA Skirmish Questions

From: KH.Ranitzsch@t... (KH.Ranitzsch)
Date: Sat, 6 Jan 2001 13:25:35 +0100
Subject: Re: FMA Skirmish Questions

From: "Barclay, Tom" <tomb@bitheads.com>
> Getting ready for Lancaster....
>
> Thinking about FMA (from the manuscript) has formed in my little
cranial
> cavity some questions about the game,
> 2) RANGE BANDS
>
> Thought: Even with doubled range bands (aimed fire) a combat rifle can
only
> fire 72" which translates to 144m. This would be 14" in SG2, which
isn't
> even the end of the second range band of regular troops. It is far
short
of
> 400-500m commonly acheived today on ranges with standard rifles like
the
> Steyr or M-16. Even if we assume that the figures aren't hitting as
well
as
> they would on a range (reasonable), 144m seems a bit short for a
rifle!

You are right.
On the other hand, how often do you have a free line-of-sight of 72" in
skirmish game ? Often, you may not even play on a table of that size.
But yes, I would say that it would be good to have an extra-long range
band
out to the table edge for most weapons.

Greetings

Prev: RE-DS bolos Next: Re: mobility in DS2