Prev: Re: FT in a Fluid Next: Re: FMA Skirmish Questions

RE-DS bolos

From: "bif smith" <bif@b...>
Date: Sat, 6 Jan 2001 10:53:25 -0000
Subject: RE-DS bolos

Jamie wrote

>I think I figured them around size 86 or so but broken
>down into smaller section like a modular vehicle.

Yes, I was thinking along the same lines myself. And making the bolos
(or
you could just call them the tracked death) this size means the only
realistic way of taking one out is with either a nuke or another bolo
(or
something simular) just like the books. Even though they could take even
nuke and still fight?

>The *bang* chit make the bolo much more frigile
>then they were in the books.

Yes, this is a problem that all large vehicles have.

>I figured on a DFFG with a HEL range. I think I figured a Mk XXIII Bolo
>would have something like a class 25 DFFG.

I was thinking along the same lines myself, but a cl.25 DFFG with a HEL
range, how many chits would it draw at a time (or is it just ALL of
them?
<G>). Also, for ground to orbit fire, how does	a cl.5 DFFG  as a plasma
torp in FT sound? (so a 25 DFFG is 5D6 dammage), with the gun able to
hit
ships only in low orbit? (ps-do not send ortillary monitors in against a
planet with a active bolo on it).

BIF
"yorkshire born,yorkshire bred,
strong in arms, thick in head"

Prev: Re: FT in a Fluid Next: Re: FMA Skirmish Questions