Prev: Re: strike the colors rule Next: Re: FMA Skirmish Questions

Re: strike the colors rule

From: "Laserlight" <laserlight@q...>
Date: Fri, 5 Jan 2001 22:03:55 -0800
Subject: Re: strike the colors rule

> True, the schism was based on WHO succeeded the Prophet, not
theology
> (initially.)

IIRC it was who succeeded about 3 or 4 in line from the Prophet.  But
Sunni and Shi'a aren't the only two flavors, there are lots of schisms
and heresies and sects.

> >However, history has, every once in a while, recorded a few
aberrant
> >individuals whose action in the name of a religion are totally
> >contrary to the precepts of the religion.  Shocking, I know.
>
> Like the sack of Jerusalem in the First Crusade?

That was one I had in mind.  Also Albigensian crusade, Torquemada, the
conquistadors, and so forth.   You've heard the line "Kill them all,
let God sort them out" (more accurately "kill them all, God will know
His own")--that was a French bishop, IIRC.

Not that the Muslims have been better.	I don't know about Buddhists,
etc, but somehow I suspect that the West hasn't cornered the market on

Prev: Re: strike the colors rule Next: Re: FMA Skirmish Questions