Prev: Re: re-FT, wave guns & needle beams Next: RE: New on the list

mobility in DS2

From: "Barclay, Tom" <tomb@b...>
Date: Fri, 5 Jan 2001 14:31:35 -0500
Subject: mobility in DS2

Hi Mike E!

You suggested a medium tracked mobility class. I'm hoping DS3 will do
away
with these "breakpoints". I'd like to see a system where you have
Tracked
mobility, and all tracked vehicles suffer the same penalties moving
through
terrain types. Some sort of power/weight or some other method should
determine the number of inches you move. Thus a Panther and a Sherman
might
both be tracked mobility (as might an M1A1) and the difference would be
Panther moves 8", Sherman moves 6", and M1A1 moves 12" or something like
that. That way you don't have artificial breakpoints and classes that
limit
the granularity in such a pronounced manner.

Tomb.

Thomas R. S. Barclay
Voice: (613) 722-3232 ext 349
e-mail: tomb@bitheads.com

2001: To the New Millenium! The next thousand years
are MINE.

Prev: Re: re-FT, wave guns & needle beams Next: RE: New on the list