Prev: Re: [DS2} Basing infantry Next: Re: [DS2} Basing infantry

Re: strike the colors rule

From: Allan Goodall <awg@s...>
Date: Wed, 03 Jan 2001 21:38:32 -0500
Subject: Re: strike the colors rule

On Wed, 03 Jan 2001 17:31:48 -0500, Richard Bell <rlbell@sympatico.ca>
wrote:

>I have to agree with Glen.  Historically, ships stopped striking their
>colours in WWI.

Then I suppose we need scuttling rules. The reason ships were scuttled
was to
stop a ship from being captured even though the crew was surrendering.
The
point is that the ship didn't keep fighting after it was hopeless.

On the other hand, this is a sci-fi universe. We don't know what
policies are
in place when fighting battles with other ships. Are crews picked up if
they
abandon ship? If they are, are they treated reasonably well? It's quite
possible that, in a sci-fi universe, the only thing coerscing an enemy
into
taking a crew that has abandoned ship is the possibility of keeping the
ship.
Especially if it still has a certain punch.

I like having the colour striking rule, but I'd like to see a scuttling
rule,
too...

Allan Goodall		       awg@sympatico.ca

Prev: Re: [DS2} Basing infantry Next: Re: [DS2} Basing infantry