Prev: Re: Fighter House Rules. Next: Re: Suggestions and Advice Solicited!

Re: [FT] OU & IC & FB3

From: Glenn M Wilson <triphibious@j...>
Date: Wed, 03 Jan 2001 07:03:52 EST
Subject: Re: [FT] OU & IC & FB3

On Wed, 3 Jan 2001 17:25:41 +1100 "Alan and Carmel Brain"
<aebrain@dynamite.com.au> writes:
>> FB2 introduced 3 new systems that didn't already exist in some form
>in
>> MT: Pulsers, PBLs, and the Sa'Vasku Pod Launchers. Not *that* bad, I
>> think, but if each new fleet in FB3 and onwards gets its own special
>> weapon things will get hairier very fast :-/
>
>I'd like FB3 to have:
>MT Missiles - for use by OU, UN and others
>Maybe some slice n dice or "heavy" beam - for UN only
>Needles (yes, I know we have the rules, but no FB ships use em yet)
>for
>ORC??
>...and that's it for "new weapons".

Well, I always like using up all the 'old basic' weapons before
cluttering the room with 'new ones'. <grin>

Seriously, I find that I so far just enjoy the basic weapons (FT/2nd)
but
the Missiles we used in my only battle (so far) did seem 'deadly' so
there i am again.  Ambivalent (but leaning towards innovative use of the
current stuff over the 'silver bullet syndrome'.  (Unless we are
talking
werewolves -  oops, wrong list. <grin>)

Gracias, Glenn/Triphibious
You don't have to be French to be a 'frog', or even human!
Nektons - Real Marines!
Starguard, Dirtside 2, Full Thrust, Ratner's Space Marines, Stellar
Conflicts and Uprisings, and Full Thrust/2nd.  Resistance is everything!

GET INTERNET ACCESS FROM JUNO!
http://dl.www.juno.com/get/tagj.

Prev: Re: Fighter House Rules. Next: Re: Suggestions and Advice Solicited!