Prev: Re: [FT] OU & IC & FB3 Next: Re: [SG2] Re-Activeted Unit

Re: Suggestions and Advice Solicited!

From: Glenn M Wilson <triphibious@j...>
Date: Wed, 03 Jan 2001 07:03:52 EST
Subject: Re: Suggestions and Advice Solicited!

On Wed, 03 Jan 2001 13:59:51 +1100 Beth Fulton
<beth.fulton@marine.csiro.au> writes:
>G'day Glenn,
>
> >That sounds good - how often does that occur?
>
>Well we float the table at least once ever game (its usually my
>fault...
>"there she goes again" being a comon comment).

You saw my earlier post about 'saving survivors' for the Napoleonic
Spanish and Algerian Turcos I am sure.	If it didn't work they wouldn't
say anything, me thinks.

However, as for having
>two
>forces fly too far off either end and so having to use grid paper,
>that's
>on happened a handful of times (I'd say less than 1- 5% of the games).

Seems easier to use grid paper then buy another table for a 'standby
spare' IMO. <grin>

> >And if the table 'extends' forever what's to keep
> >a bloodthirsty gamer from going 'for the jugular'
> >other then self-preservation
>
>Well we play the "strike the colours" rule (though more as a morale
>"we're
>not hanging around in the middle of all this" rather than a "we
>surrender"
>kind of thing) and critical hits, so after about 3-4 rounds of combat
>its
>pretty clear who should give up and go home. In campaign games where
>there's an extra incentive no to die, we've seen games where people
>fly in
>see what the other guy's got (for future reference) and then
>hightailed it
>out of there without a shot ever being fired. There was also a
>proliferation of "how can we cripple/capture ship without destroying
>it" ideas.
>
>Cheers
>
>Beth

Ooooh, rational long term planning.  I have got to find a way for the
agency to send me for a couple of weeks of 'work' to Tasmania...  I
don't
suppose you and Derek can find any links from Tasmania to Singapore,
Burma (Sorry DOS - Department of State doesn't let us call it Manmade,)
Malaysia, or the Philippines that would justify the agency sending me
TRY
for a few weeks?  Well, it's an idea.  <grin>

Gracias, Glenn/Triphibious
You don't have to be French to be a 'frog', or even human!
Nektons - Real Marines!
Starguard, Dirtside 2, Full Thrust, Ratner's Space Marines, Stellar
Conflicts and Uprisings, and Full Thrust/2nd.  Resistance is everything!

GET INTERNET ACCESS FROM JUNO!
http://dl.www.juno.com/get/tagj.

Prev: Re: [FT] OU & IC & FB3 Next: Re: [SG2] Re-Activeted Unit