Prev: Re: ISO: Conversions for SG2 Next: Re: New Conversion of Babylon 5 for FT

Re: [FT] New Weapon

From: "shogakusha" <shogakusha@g...>
Date: Fri, 15 Dec 2000 17:01:26 -0600
Subject: Re: [FT] New Weapon

*snip*

> Hmm.. interesting concept, it's accuracy increases with range, while
its
> damage reduces.
>
> how about the converse - damage increases with range, while accuracy
> reduces - use the tabel above, but invert the last two columns - psb -
> some kind of 'energy charge' that builds up as it travels through
space?

> Charles

Yes, the quantum space torpedo. Has a generator that starts up upon exit
of
the tube and then begins to build up a field  that tears wholes in space
time. The disturbances grow more violent but more randomly dispersed
around
the torp until the shortlived generator burns out.

shogakusha, ground pounder who has honestly never played fullthrust.
From - Fri Dec 22 21:59:30 2000
From: "Peter Mancini" <peter_mancini@msn.com>
To: gzg-l@csua.berkeley.edu
Subject: New Conversion of Babylon 5 for FT
Date: Fri, 15 Dec 2000 18:37:46 -0500
Sender: owner-gzg-l@lists.CSUA.Berkeley.EDU

It's been done at least 4 times before, but in each case prior to FB1
and 2.
  So, into the breach I go with Yet Another Babylon 5 Conversion
(YAB5C).  I
think with the new Fleet Book rules there is enough information and
updated
systems that the conversion can be fairly vanilla.  In some cases things

will have to be addressed differently than they are in the core rules.
Another problem with other conversions was in many cases they did not
cover
all the races as completely as I would have liked.  I am basing my
conversion totally on the AOG line of Fleet Action figures, if they
exist
there then I want a SDD for the ship.

My motivation is I have all of these wonderful AOG Fleet Action figures
and,
though I like Fleet Action, I think a Full Thrust version would just
rock
the house.  Now, I know that Saint Jon did the Earthforce Source book
but
since I can't get a copy of it and since I doubt he made decent money on
the
effort I think this is a better course of action.  Also, it will force
people to buy all 4 books in order to use it so in a way it is to GZG's
benefit too!  Several members of BattleGroup Boston are actively working
on
this project and hopefully we will have some useful SDD's for you to
look at
and use.  Right now the website is just a place holder and contains some

newrules ideas that we've hashed out over beer but have yet tried over
lead.

The website for this effort is:
http://Communities.msn.com/BattleGroupBostonB5FullThrust
From - Fri Dec 22 21:59:29 2000
Date: Fri, 15 Dec 2000 18:39:11 -0500
From: Richard Bell <rlbell@sympatico.ca>
To: gzg-l@csua.berkeley.edu
Subject: Re: New Weapon
Sender: owner-gzg-l@lists.CSUA.Berkeley.EDU

Peter Mancini wrote:

> >The FSE would far sooner call it the FFBA
> >(or translate it to ABFE or somesuch). The
> >acronym GPT has an unfortunate phonetic value
> >in the language of Voltaire ("J'ai Pete")!
>
> Don't you mean, "Je suis petit"?  Unless of course you really meant to
say
> "I have Pete, /my homosexual lover/" [Emphasis added] In which case I
take
> great umberage and protest at all levels!

I believe it was meant to "J'ai pete" (I have farted).

Prev: Re: ISO: Conversions for SG2 Next: Re: New Conversion of Babylon 5 for FT