Prev: Re: Fire Actions in Stargrunt or FMA Next: Re: GZG-NCC (was Re: Winter War 28)

Re: [FT] Salvo Missile Range

From: "Chris DeBoe" <LASERLIGHT@Q...>
Date: Mon, 4 Dec 2000 18:01:34 -0500
Subject: Re: [FT] Salvo Missile Range

> >Oerjan, you're saying this is a problem if we have accumulated
> >vectors added to missiles while *playing in cinematic*, is that
right?

> No. I'm saying that this is a problem if we have accumulated high
> enough speeds, regardless of how you managed to reach those high
> speeds.

<snip>

> With vector missiles, you can arrange to launch missiles before your
> opponent can fire even when he does *not* cooperate. Arbitrary
scenario
> set-ups and table limitations aside, it doesn't matter how fast he is
> flying nor what maneuvers he makes - as long as you have the higher
> thrust rating, you are able to launch the missiles first.
>
> For the target player there's a distinct difference between being a
> passive target unable to do anything but pray, and being able to do
> something to change the situation...

I don't have a problem with one side being able to fire before the other
side--as long as there's at least a chance of missing and/or
retribution.
It wouldn't do to have SMR-eggshells be able to launch an alpha strike
and
be certain of a) hitting and b) getting away.  However, if you don't
know
what you're launching at, it doesn't make sense to expend all your
missiles
(of course, the solution is to send scouts on ahead...).

But if adding the accumultaed vector doesn't work, how are we going to
solve
the "I'm chasing him, therefore my missiles are useless" situation Brian
and
I got into?

Prev: Re: Fire Actions in Stargrunt or FMA Next: Re: GZG-NCC (was Re: Winter War 28)