Prev: Re: Dirtside Question: Zero or low G combat Next: Re: Winter War 28

Re: Winter War 28

From: Noel Weer <nsweer@i...>
Date: Thu, 30 Nov 2000 17:03:57 -0600
Subject: Re: Winter War 28

One SG-DSII linkage idea that had occurred to me recently came up when a

few of us ran a DSII fight where the objective was for some corporate
mercenaries to keep the local government from seizing an office building

as part of their nationalization policy. The gov't troops did achieve
infantry control of the town and the building, but ultimately lost the
battle...

The player controling the gov't wanted to put his troops inside the
building and have the mercenaries dig him out... reasonable given that
the mercs couldn't just blow it up...

So, you could do a DSII at one table and a SG at another - the wider
battle for the area at the former and the fights in the halls of the
objective at the other. Conditions on the DSII table could influence
reinforcement availability on the SG, etc.

I know less about FT, but a forced landing of reinforcements from orbit
could be integrated into an active DSII (or SG) fight on another table.

_____
________

--
The Middle Ages were a great time to be alive,
because if you weren't wiped out by the Plague

Prev: Re: Dirtside Question: Zero or low G combat Next: Re: Winter War 28