Prev: Re: Sci-Fi Crossover after action report Next: Re: Dirtside Question: Zero or low G combat

Re: Dirtside Question: Zero or low G combat

From: Noel Weer <nsweer@i...>
Date: Thu, 30 Nov 2000 16:49:26 -0600
Subject: Re: Dirtside Question: Zero or low G combat

One of the things this discussion seems to have missed (unless I am
forgetting an email or so in here) is that the 60" LOS that we are
talking about is really LOF (line of fire). The rule setting this up on
page 4 even defines the LOS pretty clearly as "...the maximum aquisition

range of any sensor system in play (one very good reason for this
is...the recommended groundscale, is actually not far off being horizon
distance on a roughly Earth-sized world...)."

In a nutshell, we are not only dealing with visibility issues. I know it

would be hard to account for, but how much would the sensors be effected

by a shorter horizon? If it is neglible, could you reasonably run a
battle on a smaller world - Mars - or a moon without making significant
adjustments to range?

Tony Christney wrote:

>>> Is that formula correct? Using it, the average turret height of a
AFV

--
The Middle Ages were a great time to be alive,
because if you weren't wiped out by the Plague

Prev: Re: Sci-Fi Crossover after action report Next: Re: Dirtside Question: Zero or low G combat