Prev: Re: Am I a Republic revisionist? Re: Sci-Fi Crossover afteraction report Next: Re: [FT] Vacuum-Head Help Required!

Re: Sci-Fi Crossover after action report

From: "Peter Mancini" <peter_mancini@m...>
Date: Thu, 30 Nov 2000 15:27:54 -0500
Subject: Re: Sci-Fi Crossover after action report

John Leary in a fit of delerium wrote:
>      Not exactly the impression I got from
>the movies.

Right, just my point!  As DEPICTED it would seem that Gramps was some
evil,
lightning bolt casting demon.  In real life he was a kindly old man.  As

depicted the fight shows 100 TIEs vs. 23 X-Wings.  In reality the fight
was
much closer in force numbers.  Again, Lucas is a Revisionist and has
twisted
the facts to fit his world view.  I think Al Gore took some pointers
from
him... ahem.

Remember, this is the same guy who spends 14 seconds longer showing the
death of a single fricking Ewock than the death of thousands of loyal
starship crew members aboard the "Death Star."

This is the same guy that wants us to believe you can "torture" robots
by
hot branding their pods (feet?) and that Ewoks acheived the science of
flight using ash wood and gut to make gliders/ornithopters.

_______
______
Get more from the Web.	FREE MSN Explorer download :
http://explorer.msn.com