Prev: Re: Building 'unusual' starships Next: Re: Building 'unusual' starships

1st CanAm

From: "Laserlight" <laserlight@q...>
Date: Thu, 30 Nov 2000 08:10:22 -0800
Subject: 1st CanAm

As GZGECC registration rolls around, our thoughts turn to the Prestige
and Glory that Four Victors will win.  One of the ideas for speeding
play, you will recall, was to designate 1st round, 2nd round, 3rd
round targets and have all damage from each round be simultaneous.
However, no one has sent me playtest reports on how well the idea
worked.  I'm waiting....

Alternate idea: designate 20% of your NPV (ie 300pts/player) as
"superior" ships, which fire in 1st round; 50% would be normal ships
and fire in second round; 30% would fire in third round.  These
ratings would be permanent, ie you wouldn't get another "superior"
just because you lost one.  This would avoid the time and mental
anguish needed to place fire control markers.  First tier ships should
also get a couple extra DCP, while third tier should lose a couple.

Prev: Re: Building 'unusual' starships Next: Re: Building 'unusual' starships