Prev: Re: Sa'Vasku help? Next: Re: Modern Close Assault

Modern Close Assault

From: "Peter Mancini" <peter_mancini@m...>
Date: Sun, 19 Nov 2000 20:40:20 EST
Subject: Modern Close Assault

>From: Allan Goodall <awg@sympatico.ca>
>Which, in modern combat, is actually the case. Modern combat does not
>stress hand-to-hand combat.

Agreed.  Also note that during the Vietnam police action troops didn't
go
into the field with fixed bayonnets - what was the point?  At under 25
meters units are in CQB with little hope of making actual contact.  That
is
just a reality of automatic weapons fire.

I've even seen this in real life with toy weapons.  In paintball games
it is
rare to get within 10 yards of the enemy unless you have overwhelming
suppresion fire.  In one instance I was able to get within 6 feet of two

enemy, but only because I had 7 other people beating the bush with
hundreds
of rounds while I waltzed in and grabbed the flag.

Paintball isn't nearly as difficult as real warfare for a number of
obvious
reasons (rate of fire, actual death involved in one, etc.)

The only time I ever got to stick my muzzle into someone's ribs and
shout
"Surrender of die!" was in a village scenario where I was able to enter
house and overwhelm a sniper by kicking him in the ass and knocking his
gun
from his hands.  Other than that, out of perhaps, 100 or so games I've
never
ever come that close without being totally pinned.

--Peter
Get more from your time online.  FREE MSN Explorer download :
http://explorer.msn.com

Prev: Re: Sa'Vasku help? Next: Re: Modern Close Assault