Prev: Re: [FH] PAU Next: NAC? Re: FW: NOTICE OF REVOCATION OF INDEPENDENCE]

Silly Americans in the UK, was Re: [OT] Deluxe OGRE

From: Andy Cowell <andy@c...>
Date: Fri, 17 Nov 2000 07:24:11 -0600
Subject: Silly Americans in the UK, was Re: [OT] Deluxe OGRE

In message
<35940AC31FFCD311AAF8009027D0D07D173BFD@cambr-exch1.cambridge.adapti
vebroadband.com>, "Jones, Tim" writes:

> These are bit more accessible in the UK than gun cases.

Here's me taking my miniatures through England's customs:

Customs Agent: "What's that?"
Me: "A gun case."
CA: ???
Me: "OH, WAIT!	There's no gun in it!"

;)

Immediately after:

CA: "Where are you going?"
Me: "Um..."(reading)"...Les-ter-shire."
CA: "Lester?"
Me: "Uh, no, Les-ter-shire."
CA: "It's pronounced Lester."
Me: "Oh."

Luckily, I had more fun once they let me through. ;)

Of course, there was the time German Customs pulled me aside-- I *TOLD*
them when they took my luggage that there was a box crammed full of
lead soldiers in there, and not to freak out when they X-Rayed it!!

Prev: Re: [FH] PAU Next: NAC? Re: FW: NOTICE OF REVOCATION OF INDEPENDENCE]