Prev: RE: Governments in the Tuffleyverse Next: Re: Thoughts on Veldtgrunt-- SG2 Zulu Wars

RE: [Fwd: FW: NOTICE OF REVOCATION OF INDEPENDENCE] (fwd)

From: "Bell, Brian K" <Brian_Bell@d...>
Date: Fri, 17 Nov 2000 07:26:52 -0500
Subject: RE: [Fwd: FW: NOTICE OF REVOCATION OF INDEPENDENCE] (fwd)

You could always paint your FSE ships in PAU colors.
See http://www.ftsr.org/ft/ft25/gov.html#pau.
These PAU designs use FSE ship hulls for DD and above.

Now, just what are the PAU ship colors? The Unofficial GZG Encyclopedia
entry for PAU states that the "PAU Flag is GREEN over BLACK over RED
with 5
stars (YELLOW) in a diamond in the center CAS Flag is BLUE over Red, In
the
center is a WHITE silhouette of Africa with a BLACK silhouette of
America
imposed over Africa"

Here is a good resource for current maps of Africa:
http://fotw.vexillum.com/flags/geo-afr2.html
This is a wonderful site. It not only provides the flags of countries,
but
some history and often symbolism in the flag.

I was thinking of Black with Yellow/Gold trim. Green shows up quite a
bit,
but I believe that after a split with the IF, it may fall out of favor
(green is stated as representing Mohamad/Islam in some north african
state
flags). Green/Red is another option (but may look like the Christmas
fleet
to some of us *s*). Red/Black, Black/Blue, Red/Blue, and Red/Yellow are
some
other options. Of couse, they may choose some other color scheme not
based
on thier flag.

-----
Brian Bell