Prev: [SG/DS] dice-a-licious: was rolling more or less dice for SG2 vehicles/weapons/armour Next: Re: Inhumane Weapons

Re: [SG] Bell Curve, was Re: Oerjan Dreams

From: Donald Hosford <Hosford.Donald@A...>
Date: Tue, 14 Nov 2000 02:01:32 -0500
Subject: Re: [SG] Bell Curve, was Re: Oerjan Dreams

I have a comment...

The idea of repeatedly rolling 1 (or more) dice to resolve a single
situation
reminds me of a minor flaw in Avalon Hill's old Squad Leader game...

I liked it...very interesting game.
Only one thing I didn't like...which seemed to come up often in our
games.
Rolling multiple "Supressed" results on the same unit after a single
attack.

An example:
Side A has one squad, with a heavy weapon in the upper story of a
building,
positioned to fire down a road.  And another squad positioned to fire
down the
same road.  Side B desides he has to move a squad across that road.
Ov-course
that moving unit comes under fire from both of Side A's units.
This situation could generate 2-4 supressed results (depending on how
the rolls
go).

Then Side B has to reroll for every supressed result.  If there is more
that
one squad in that hex, this gets to be a pain!

Why not just add a factor for each extra supressed result after the
first, and
make a single roll.  It is faster this way...

Donald Hosford