Prev: [SG2] large games (batallion level and up) Next: Re: [SG2] large games (batallion level and up)

SG2 vehicles vs infantry

From: "Barclay, Tom" <tomb@b...>
Date: Wed, 8 Nov 2000 10:31:57 -0500
Subject: SG2 vehicles vs infantry

Yes, when I mentioned the Armour of Achilles, I had in mind the Armour 5
Behemoth tank taking a shot form the Throw-Me-Away-IAVR and the tank
rolling
a 1 (thus totalling 5) and the IAVR rolling a mediocre 6 and killing it.
Add
in major impacts and you have a rather too-good (IMO) chance of an IAVR
cancelling the behemoth tank.

You get far more mean-behaving armour (ie you don't get Achilles armour)
and
heavy weapons (a class 5 heavy weapons shouldn't be quite so
unpredictable)
if you roll Nd12 rather than d12 and multiply by N. This gives more
predictable mean performance to the weapons and armours, and makes the
larger vehicles somewhat more survivable. They can still be killed, but
if
the IAVR or GMS/P gunner rolls an 11, the odds of dying aren't 1 in 6.
They're far less - you'd have to roll 10 or less on 5d12. It can still
happen, but it is far less likely.

Some people like having a GMS/P able to kill an armour 5 tank. I'm
wondering
if this would happen in DS2 as easily as it can (I've seen it enough
times... armour 3-5 proving useless against a class 1 weapon) in SG2?

Thomas R. S. Barclay
Voice: (613) 722-3232 ext 349
e-mail: tomb@bitheads.com

Do not go where the path may lead,
go instead where there is no path
and leave a trail.
Ralph Waldo Emerson (1803-1882)

Prev: [SG2] large games (batallion level and up) Next: Re: [SG2] large games (batallion level and up)