Prev: Re: [FT] Salvo Missile Range Next: [FMA] FAQ

Re: [FT] Salvo Missile Range

From: "Laserlight" <laserlight@q...>
Date: Mon, 6 Nov 2000 21:13:31 -0500
Subject: Re: [FT] Salvo Missile Range

> > Deviation from the ship's course?
> > Arcs of deviation:	  Max Range:
> > 0			Ship Velocity + 24
> > 1			Ship Velocity + 12
> > (or 24 if greater)
> > 2			24
> > 3			24 - Ship Velocity

Kevin Walker riposted:
> After saying what I did above I like the idea but still have yet to
find a
> way to balance it.  If the SM firer is moving at 30 mu a turn then
these SMs
> would have a weapons range of 54 mu for regular SMs and 66 mu for ER
type.
> The ranges of course go up with speed.  Quickly it's possible to fire
your
> SMs outside of any other weapon's range, providing a possibility for
some
> really lopsided engagements and IMHO some boring scenarios for one
side.

  The difficulty isn't range, exactly.	You're still only ending up with
the missiles reaching 24" past your end point.	The difficulty is that
you can drop the missiles, then turn 3 points and be out of range of any
return fire.
  You could do it if you said the missiles had to end up 24mu from the
ship's final position.

  Or you could just play cinematic, in which case the Range/Deviation
chart above would work.

Prev: Re: [FT] Salvo Missile Range Next: [FMA] FAQ