Prev: Re: UNSC Pics-Anyone have them? Next: Re: Flea markets, Con auctions and swap-and-sell Re: [OT] Selling Figs, old game

Re: New Pod armaments (Boarding Pods)

From: Charles Stanley Taylor <charles.taylor@c...>
Date: Wed, 01 Nov 2000 23:29:57 GMT
Subject: Re: New Pod armaments (Boarding Pods)

In message <7AC8AFCF29FA4D115A650005B8CC1278@sage.beer.com> you wrote:

> [...]
adds their
 numerical bonus
> to their die roll. I'm not sure I like the pure 6 for the pod, you'd
think so
mething specifically
> designed to go and kill crw would be better then just the average crew
party
who don't get out
> and do hand to hand fighting.
>
> Jaime
>
> Beer Mail, brought to you by your friends at beer.com.

Hmm.. thinking about these things some more:

Assume normal Pod costs (1 biomass, 3 power)

Attack as a Lance Pod

Use an expanded version of the table above:

Pods and Crew roll at the same time.
Crew:	 #   Roll to kill 1 pod or crew
	 1     6
	 2     5+
	 3+    4+
Pods
Killer:  1     5+, or even 4+ (very nasty)
Control: 1     6 (controlled, not killed)

Killer pods inject a unit of killer bioconstructs that are programmed to
hunt and kill all non-SV biological entities. If they kill all the crew,
the ship is adrift.

Control pods release swarms of 'control bugs' that latch onto the crew
and take them over (yes, I nicked them from the 'Starship Troopers' TV
show, that nicked the basic concept from RH's 'Puppet Masters' :-).

You could use a similar mechanism for boarding actions, as well.

Marines and carried troops can be added to the crew factor, say, 1 extra
crew per MASS of troops carried?

On a related note, I'm looking forward to see how Sa'Vasku bioconstruct
ground troops are handled in BDS :-)

Charles