Prev: Re: Stargrunt III? BDS? (long) Next: re-fighter details

[FMA] Questions + comments

From: Ted Arlauskas <ted@n...>
Date: Mon, 30 Oct 2000 00:24:38 -0800
Subject: [FMA] Questions + comments

Today I ran FMA for the first time and we came up with a
couple of questions and comments:

-There seems to be some discrepancies in the way that area effect
weapons (grenades, missiles) are costed.  Why do grenades
and DRL's have an 8+6+4 Accuracy total when missiles have
12+12+12?  What is the Close range band for an area-effect
weapon?  I thought all area-effect weapons had a fixed number
for their range bands?

-What effect does "Spread fire" have?  Shotguns can do
this, but the effect isn't listed.

-Leaders can only transfer actions to troops w/in their command
radius and LOS.  What if they had radios?  Could they transfer
actions to any of their troops with radios?  How much should
radios cost?

-The higher your Quality, the farther your deviation will be!
Deviation distance is the amount your roll when you test to
see if you're on target.  Lower quality = smaller die = less
deviation.  Higher quality = larger die = more deviation.

-What is the vision distance into woods?  In SG2 you must
be w/in 1" of the edge to shoot out?  What's the feeling
for FMA?  How about the effects of woods on LOS to other
troops in your unit for purposes of unit cohension?

Thanks,
Ted

      ted@naxera.com	       |   LA Palm User Group Home Page
http://www.naxera.com/ted  |	 http://www.naxera.com/lapug

Ground Zero Games West Coast Convention - October 20-22, 2000
		 http://www.naxera.com/gzgwcc/index.html

Prev: Re: Stargrunt III? BDS? (long) Next: re-fighter details