Prev: Re: [SG] New pictures Next: Re: UNSC Ships

Re: [SG] New pictures

From: Brian Burger <yh728@v...>
Date: Mon, 23 Oct 2000 23:05:40 -0700 (PDT)
Subject: Re: [SG] New pictures

On Sun, 22 Oct 2000, John Crimmins wrote:

> At 06:29 PM 10/22/00 -0700, you wrote:
> >On Sun, 22 Oct 2000, Brian Burger wrote:
> >
> >> Hi everyone,
> >>
> >> I've just scanned & posted six new photos - these're all of one of
Dream
> >> Pod 9's new Heavy Gear "Mammoth Assault Strider", which is a very
cool
> >> model - big semi-hard-science walker thing.
> >>
> >> I figure these are some of the best minis pics I've ever taken -
I'm going
> >> to scan & post more pictures from the same roll later this week.
> >
> >Realized I forgot the URL: go direct to
> ><http://warbard.iwarp.com/sg2gallery.html> & look at the bottom of
the
> >page.
>
> Yeesh.  I shudder to think what he's going to do on an SGII
battlefield....
>  My one suggestion would be that, because of his height, you use the
DSII
> rules and treat his as being one range band closer when he's being
shot at.

A good point - with Armour 3 it'll still be tough, but that is a fairly
tall target. It only looks squat becuase it's so *wide*! (The figure is
just less than 2" tall at tallest; the shoulder-parts are a bit wider
than
that.)

> (You know, he could be the centerpoint of a killer FMA scenario, too.
> Mammoth and a squad of troops, against a larger enemy force with
plenty of
> ruined buildings to hide in.	Could be a lot of fun, especially with a
ref
> to implement hidden movement.)

A very excellent idea. Given that I want to play around with hidden
movement rules anyway, for another evil idea I'm working on, that sounds
like a scenario I'm going to work on.

> I have the 1/87th scale version of this figure, and if/when I ever
paint up
> my Ral Partha 25mm Battletroops, I'll paint him up to match.	I have a
> whole bunsh of the 1/72nd scale models that Revell put out for
Robotech,
> too -- if I ever *do* get them assembled and painted, it's going to be
one
> hell of a battleforce.

The old 1/87th Mammoth? Damn, that thing must be huge! My new one
(1/144?)
is big enough. I'd really like to see pics of that thing - just how big
is
it?

> I strongly advise that no one holds their breath waiting for this to
happen.

Fair enough... I've seen some of the old 1/72 Robotech stuff, too, and
it
looked good. Didn't there used to be Battletech larger plastic models as
well, at some point?

Brian - yh728@victoria.tc.ca -
- http://warbard.iwarp.com/games.html -

Prev: Re: [SG] New pictures Next: Re: UNSC Ships